Monday, September 21, 2015

Getting Green in Farm


Yesterday, I enjoyed a fresh field trip in a farm called Farintosh Farms with my classmates and teacher. The farm is located in 11858 Warden Avenue, the north of  Toronto. There is a long distance and no TTC from our school to the farm, cause we need to get there by car pool. When  I arrived at pick up area at 9:30 yesterday morning, the weather was very sunny.
After about half an hour driving, we reached the destination, Farintosh Farms. The farm's staff briefly introduced the farm indicated the areas where vegetables were planted and then claimed we can start to pick up the vegetables. The mature vegetable in season was bean what  was free for first bag, so my classmates picked a lot of them. Unfortunately, I dislike to eat all kind of beans, I just help my classmates to pick  up.
The interesting thing for me was satisfying me to know how the beans were planted. I also deeply attracted by the natural countryside view in this farm.

Eventually, I bought many fresh green vegetables in the farm. Include, a watermelon, several coins,many cucumbers and a bottle of honey. I think they were fresher than any kinds of the same I could purchase in all supermarkets. In the whole day, I caught a lots of greens, the green crops, green landscape, green vegetables that I bought and a green mood. So it is a special green day for me that I will never forget it.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, indeed. Would you like to use the Editing Checklist and do a 2nd version? It could include your classmates' input as well.

    ReplyDelete