Friday, October 24, 2014

Voting in Toronto

This Wednesday, I voted in the City of Toronto at noon. I saw that almost every classmate of mine voted. There were a lot of people in the classroom when the voting started. The atmosphere of voting was impassioned but well-regulated.
In this mock vote, there were three classes of candidates: mayor, councillor, and the school board trustee. There were many candidates for mayor about 70 to 80 persons. Three of them were famous. They were  Ford, Tory, and Chow. There were fewer candidates for councillor, only five. I knew the name of Shelley Carrol because I saw her billboard from my yard. There are four school boards in Toronto, TDSB, TCDSB, CSV, and CSDCC. The last two boards are for French schools.
The voting may not have been special for Canadian citizens, but to me, as a newcomer, it was fresh. I think I'll never forget this "election".








old

This Wednesday, I voted in the city of Toronto at noon. I saw that almost every classmate of mine voted. There was a lot of people in the classroom when the voting started, the atmosphere of voting was impassioned but well-regulated.
In this voting, there were three classes of candidates: mayor, councillor, and the trustee of school board. There were many candidates for mayor, maybe seventy to eighty persons. Three of them were famous. They are  Ford, Tory, and Chow. There were fewer candidates for councillor, only five persons. I know the name of Shelley Carrol because I have seen her billboard in my yard. There were four school boards in Toronto,TDSB,TCDSB,CSV, and CSDCC. The last two boards are for French school.
The voting may not have been special for Canadian citizen, but to me, as a newcomer, it is fresh. I think I will remember this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment